Disney’s Friends For Change: Project Green 2010
Disney’s Friends For Change: Project Green has just launched its second year with new videos and promo shots from some of your favorite Disney stars. The project focuses on kid-frindly ways to save the planet.
Beginning on May 30th, new on-air messages will begin airing from Disney celebs on Disney Channel and Disney XD. The project features nearly 40 Disney Stars including stars from “JONAS,” “Camp Rock,” “Sonny With A Chance,” “Good Luck Charlie,” “The Suite Life On Deck,” “Wizards of Waverly Place” and more! In addition you will be able to hear the celeb spots on Radio Disney as well as on www.Disney.com/projectgreen
Jennifer Anopolsky, Senior Vice President of Corporate Responsibility at the Walt Disney Company said about the project:
With Disney’s Friends for Change: Project Green, kids are discovering that helping the planet is easy and fun when they work together and have the right tools. In just one year, participation has exceeded our wildest expectations, and we’re building on that momentum by extending Friends for Change to kids in other parts of the world and enhancing the program with fresh new content, local community events, and more grant money that will empower kids with even more ways to get involved.
In just one year kids have made nearly 2 million personal promises to change the daily routine thanks to Disney’s Friends For Change: Project Green. The pledges include:
- Cut 70,000 tons of carbon emissions annually
– Reduce/recycle 2.4 million pounds of trash annually
– Save 120 million gallons of water per month
With the help of fans, Disney has donated more than $1 million to 25 environmental projects in 15 countries, including:
- $50,000 to the National Resource Council to help fund a forest restoration project in Costa Rica.
– $25,000 to the African Wildlife Foundation to help protect elephant habitats in Zambia.
Disney’s Friends For Change: Project Green is set to expand locally and globally in the next year:
- Local events in cities across the country will inspire kids through hands-on experiences, including tree-planting and clean-ups. The first event kicks off June 6th, World Oceans Day, at the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago.
– Disney’s Friends for Change: Project Green launched last month in Latin America. Kids have already made more than 200,000 promises! European markets are next in line.
Have you made a promise to help out Disney’s Friends For Change: Project Green?
Source/IMG Credit: Disney Channel