“Alice In Wonderland” Blu-ray DVD Combo Pack Review
Walt Disney Pictures released it’s Tim Burton-directed “Alice In Wonderland” movie to Blu-ray and DVD today – and we received a copy of the Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy Combo Pack to review for you. “Alice In Wonderland” is Disney’s 4th biggest film of all time, and it’s no wonder why!
In the movie, Alice, played by Mia Wasikowska, quickly walks away from a marriage proposal that she doesn’t want to accept and ends up following the White Rabbit into a rabbit hole, but when she lands at the bottom of the hole she realizes she is in a land of wonder that she recognizes from her dreams – but is this a dream, or is it real?
In the movie, you will get to meet a number of fascinating characters, including everyone’s favorite Mad Hatter, played by Johnny Depp. Other characters include the White Queen (Anne Hathaway), the Red Queen (Helena Bonham Carter) and the White Rabbit (Michael Sheen).
We think that Tim Burton’s take on the classic Walt Disney Movie is perfect for 2010 and we are so glad that Disney thought to remake this movie. The characters in the land of Underland come to life in this film that will be a classic in years to come. The movie is perfect for kids and parents alike and is the perfect movie to watch with your family.
Our favorite character is Johnny Depp’s the Mad Hatter who makes the audience laugh throughout the entire film! After you watch the movie be sure to check back here and let us know who your favorite character is!
Bonus Features on the DVD include:
- Finding Alice – It’s all things Alice. This featurette includes Tim Burton’s vision for the characters, differences from the book and Disney’s version of Alice and how she evolves as both a character and actor as she takes an adventure through Wonderland.
- The Mad Hatter – Audiences are provided with a deeper look into the world of the Mad Hatter. Check out Johnny Depp’s early sketches, make-up, costumes and how they digitally enhanced his eyes.
- Effecting Wonderland – A behind-the-scenes piece on the different technologies used to create some of the most beloved characters in the film – Stayne, Tweedledee, Tweedledum, Bandersnatch and the Red Queen.
Bonus Features on the Blu-ray include:
- Everything on the DVD
- The Futterwacken Dance – Futterwhat? Check out the making of the timeless dance called the Futterwacken.
- The Red Queen – The creation of the Red Queen from start to finish, including early Tim Burton sketches showcasing costume designs, make-up and digital effects.
- Time-Lapse: Sculpting the Red Queen – A short time-lapse piece showing Helena Bonham Carter as she gets her make-up done. A three-hour process can be watched in just a few short minutes.
- The White Queen – An interview with Anne Hathaway, who plays Wonderland’s good queen, about her character’s journey throughout the process of the film.
- Scoring Wonderland – Composer Danny Elfman and Tim Burton discuss the music for the movie.
- Stunts of Wonderland – A featurette highlighting some of the biggest stunts in the film.
- Making the Proper Size – An inside look at the visual effects process of growing and shrinking Alice. See how filmmakers used different techniques to stay true to the storyline.
- Cakes of Wonderland – Take a trip to “Cake Divas” where the creators of the EAT ME cakes provide viewers with details about how they made the smallest crumb to the largest cake in scale.
- Tea Party Props – Tea cups, saucers, cakes and more. Prop master Doug Harlocker gives an overview of all the props used to bring the famous tea party scene together visually.
The 3-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack will retail for $44.99, the 1-Disc Blu-ray will be sold for $39.99 and the 1-Disc DVD will retail for $29.99
See videos from “Alice In Wonderland” below:
Review Materials Provided By Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment