Watch out! ABC’s “Revenge” season 1 has arrived on DVD! This is a show we cannot get enough of, and we are SO excited for the second season to arrive on September 30, 2012! Not to mention when the show returns on Sunday nights it will be paired with “Once Upon A Time” and “666 Park Avenue.” Sunday is going to be the best night for TV!
The first season of “Revenge” is full of plot twists and characters with loads of vendettas. Here’s a synopsis of season one from ABC:
Almost twenty years ago, Hamptons’ wealthiest elite destroyed a young girl’s life. Relive Emily Thorne’s (Emily VanCamp) quest for revenge and uncover every deep, dark secret.
Actors in the series include:
Emily VanCamp (“Brothers & Sisters”)
Madeleine Stowe (“We Were Soldiers”)
Henry Czerny (“Falling Skies”)
Josh Bowman (“Make It Or Break It”)
Nick Wechsler (“Roswell”)
Gabriel Mann (“Mad Men”)
Connor Paolo (“Gossip Girl”)
Ashley Madekwe (“How To Lose Friends & Alienate People”)
Christa B. Allen (“13 Going on 30”)
And here is a list of bonus features included with the DVD release:
– Nolan Ross Exposed (in-world feature) – What the audience think they know about Nolan Ross (Gabriel Mann) is only part of the story. In the recently unearthed sit-down interview footage, reporter Sarah Juarez (Stephanie Maura Sanchez) questions Nolan on his past … and gets some answers fans might not expect!
– Roadmap To Revenge – Revenge is sweet, and set within the rich, beautiful, and elite world of The Hamptons, it’s even sweeter. Emily VanCamp narrates some of the checkpoints on the road to revenge, walking fans through the genesis, pilot, themes, and characters of the show. Woven throughout, are interviews from writers, producers and cast members who share how they undertook creating a world where money and desire can make anything possible.
– At Home In “The Hamptons” – Swank parties and lavish houses are as much a part of “Revenge” as the characters that attend and inhabit them. Viewers can watch as Ashley Madekwe plays tour guide to the not-so-humble abodes – including the plush extravagance of theGrayson’s estate as well as the contrasting rustic ambiance of the Stowaway bar, illustrating everything that goes into making things larger-than-life.
– Haute Hamptons: Femme Fatale Fashion – They say ‘clothes make the woman’, … and this exciting bonus feature gives a glimpse into the secrets of styling the show’s two leading ladies, Emily VanCamp and Madeleine Stowe. Costume Designer Jill Ohanneson shares key pieces from both of the series’ femme fatale’s closets as she and the cast discuss what it takes to dress a show for success.
– Deleted Scenes – Fans can turn up the heat with six revealing deleted scenes
– Bloopers/Outtakes – Hilarious moments from the production fans won’t want to miss
– Pilot Commentary – Creator Mike Kelley and Actress Emily VanCamp take viewers through all the details of the pilot episode.
– Music Videos – Key music from the show is featured, including Christina Perri’s “Distance” and Angus & Julia Stone’s “For You.”
This is a must-own DVD for anyone that loves a good mystery TV show with a bit of romance thrown in. You’ll want to follow along with Emily’s story from start to finish and you’ll have a love hate relationship with many of the bad guys on the show, especially Victoria Greyson played by Madeleine Stowe!
Love, love, love this show and totally recommend picking it up on DVD and watching it before the second season arrives!
Review Materials Provided By Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment