Magic Kingdom’s New Fantasyland Opens In 10 Days!
Who else is SUPER excited for the grand opening of Magic Kingdom’s new Fantasyland at the Walt Disney World Resort on December 6, 2012? As of today the grand opening of the new area of the park is just 10 days away! Will YOU be there for the grand opening?
Here are ten reasons from the Disney Parks Blog why YOU should be excited about the new Fantasyland!
1. It’s so darn photogenic – No matter how many times you’ve been to Magic Kingdom Park, New Fantasyland is so scenic and beautiful, it’s sure to be a favorite stop for photographers.
2. The area adds not one, but two new castles – Magic Kingdom Park is now the Disney Park with the most royal residences, thanks to the addition of Beast’s Castle and Prince Eric’s Castle. Add in Cinderella Castle and that makes three.
3. The level of detail is amazing – As we’ve shown here for the past year, Imagineers have laced the area with an incredible amount of detail, from hoof prints in the ground in Belle’s Village to aged shipwrecks at Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid.
4. The West Wing of Beast’s Castle – One of three dining rooms in Be Our Guest Restaurant, the West Wing from “Beauty and The Beast” is recreated here as ominous and foreboding. I love that our Imagineers included this room, as it played such a major part in the film.
5. Playing a part at Enchanted Tales with Belle – Forget everything you know about a character greeting. No matter what your age, you can easily get swept up in playing your part in the retelling of Belle and Beast’s love story.
6. The interior of Gaston’s Tavern – This just might be a hidden gem of New Fantasyland. Just like the song says, there are antlers in all of Gaston’s decorating. Don’t miss the room here to the far right, which features Gaston’s personal chair – built to suit the man himself – that makes a great photo op.
7. The Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid queue – There are so many things to explore in this seaside-themed queue, and lapping tides and rushing waterfalls really make you feel as if you’re heading ‘under the sea.’
8. Storybook Circus – This area is so impressive. Instead of merely relocating Dumbo the Flying Elephant, Imagineers built an entire 1940s-inspired circus into the park. The attractions and new character greetings are a blast, and the theming of the area is simply charming.
9. Cupcakes from Be Our Guest Restaurant – Available in three flavors – Strawberry Cream Cheese, Triple Chocolate and Lemon Meringue – these treats are plucked from an impressively stocked pastry cart and finished tableside for you. Delicious and amazing!
10. The expansion continues – Two more attractions, Princess Fairytale Hall and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, will open in 2013 and 2014, respectively. Considering the amount of detail and imagination our Imagineers have put into New Fantasyland so far, we have a lot to look forward to.
What part of the new Fantasyland are you the most excited about? Let us know in the comments section!